We’ve made the effort to remove all refined sugar, and prepared snacks from our house. Here’s a recipe worth trying. I like to think of it as a healthy spin on chocolate chip cookies. Toddler Approved, and inspired from Paleo Sweets, by @thekelseyale.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla paste
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted or fractionated)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened baking chocolate (100% Cacao) cut into chunks.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the almond flour, arrowroot starch, and baking soda. Mix to combine.
- Combine vanilla paste, maple syrup, and coconut oil in a small bowl and mix.
- Add the liquid mixture to the almond flour mixture and stir well to combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Use a tablespoon to portion the dough onto the prepared baking sheet, leave 2 inches of space between each portion.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes, until the bottom of the cookies start to turn brown. I left my cookies in for 15 minutes and they were on the crispy side, pull yours out sooner if you like them soft.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes before moving them to a wire rack to cool completely.
I found most of the ingredients at my local supermarket, either The Great Canadian Superstore or Whole Foods. If you want to buy some of the ingredients online, I will recommend Amazon and I’ve provided a link right here.
Now sit back and enjoy your guilt free cookies. 👍